Vertical Stabilizer Priming and Riveting

October 13th and 20th 2018, 8h

With the decision of priming everything, we went ahead and prime all parts of the vertical stabilizer.

We thought that the primer sets in 30min, so we went ahead an clegoed all parts together. Then once we got to the riveting, we realized that the primer was not fully set; it was getting pealed by the clegos.  We decided to go ahead with the riveting anyway, then prime again later.

We rivets all parts of the vertical stabilizer, except the few holes that it was mentioned to leave non riveted for assembly with horizontal stabilizer and other parts later on.

Then we went back and fixed the priming. The vertical stabilizer is looking nice and ready for storage.

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s