I did counter skin the left elevator in the various locations it was called for.
I prepared the trim system:
- I spent a lot of time trying to determined where this 2. I called Vans and this 2 pieces are extra from another airplane, they were left in my trim box by mistake.
- Making the Holes in the correct location was tricking, but it worked out in the end with the use of a lo of clekos, clamps and testing throughout the drilling.
- Also, I had to make few modification to the access plate so that the trim system can go in and out easily.
Then I looked into bending the sides of the elevator, where the trim tab will get places. For that I need to cut a piece of wood with the taper of the elevator. I don’t have any equipment to cut wood, so I went ahead and bought a band saw.