February 14th, 6h
The second leading edge went great
February 12th, 9h
In order to start working on the leading edge, I built a cradles to hold the leading edges while attaching the ribs. The crib did hold the leading edge great.
Then I started working on the leading edge. I started with the left one, so it involved the stall horn system. I decided to go both with the stall horn and AoA, I am a big believer in redundancy in safety critical components. so I did the prep work for the stall horn. Then I moved on to attaching the ribs.
Then, the fun part started:
- I attached the leading edge to the main buddy.
- I added the inboard rib that did not have pre patched holes.
- I added the attachment skin that links the main leading edge to the fuel tanks.
- I drilled the inboard rib and attachment skin.
- I drilled all the ribs of the leading edge both to the main spar and the skin.
The results looks great:
Next is the right wing leading edge.