April 5th, 6th, 7th, 2019, 15h
After getting the new z bars for the right wing tank, I went ahead with preparing this tank to catchup to the left one:
- Drilled the z bars middle holes.
- Checked the fitting of the fuel skin with the drilled z bar and the baffle, I had to make some very small modifications. By the end the filling looked good.
- Drilled the rest of the lower holes in the 6 z bars
- Attached plate-nuts to the z bars: drilling holes for rivets, deburring, counter sinking and riveting.
- Attached the z bars, and checked the fitting again, it looked good.
- Attached the baffle, and drilled the lower holed for the 7th z bar.
- Attached plate-nuts for the 7 z bar to the main spar: drilling holes for rivets, deburring, counter sinking and riveting.
- Attached baffle and the ribs and drilled the rest of the top holes in z bars.
- Attached the Skin to the ribs and baffle.
- Drilled the holed in W-423 attachment plate.
- Matched drilled all Skin holes with the ribs and baffle.
- Counter sinks the holes in the skin for attachment with baffle.
- Debbured all holes in the skin, and stiffeners.
- Smoothed the edge of the skin.
- Dimpled all holes in the skin and stiffeners.
- Roughed the surfaced in the skin and and stiffeners for better attachment with fuel sealant.