April 6th, 7th, 8th 2019, 11h
Riveting using the fuel tank sealant is a missy time consuming job. We decided to tackle half of the stiffeners at a time so that we can be done in one hour while the sealant is still good. The method we used is as follow:
- Clean very well all surfaces, rivets and clekos with Acetone.
- Add type to all inside surface we did not want any sealant in.
- Add a good layer of sealant to the stiffeners.
- Put the rivets in and add backing type.
- Add more sealant to the edges of the stiffeners and the head of the rivets.
- Remove all type and clean with Acetone.
- We had a couple rivets that did not go very well, so we replaced them.