Attaching flaps and ailerons

December 13th, 14th, 10h

I riveted the flap to the right wing, which went great.  It is great to see both the flap and aileron on and rotating.

IMG_1804.jpg

Then I moved to the left wing.  For this one, I had to redo the hinge, since the holes in the previous hinge did not end up having edge distance. After redoing all the drilling, deburring and dimpling, I was finally able to rivet the hinge.  However this hinge did not end up being perfectly straight, because of some enlarged holes for which there was no access to enlarge the countersink.  So, I waiting to hear from Vans about this one:

IMG_1802.jpg

So, I switch to working in the aileron and bell-crank. I redid the bell-crank since in the previous one the riveting of the end did not go great. Redoing the bell-crank went smoothly,  then I attached the bell-crank to the aileron.  Now the aileron for the left wing is moving great as well.

IMG_1805.jpg

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s