January 12th, 9h
We finished installing the lights into the wing tips. We had to make some small adjustment to the wing tips for a smooth insertion of the lights. Then we riveted the plate nuts, and attached the lights.
Afterwards, we moved to the lens. We did a rough cut of the lens, then we set each half on top of its wing tip, and traced a contour to follow. Based on the contour, we cut he lens using snips, then we sanded it to get a nice finish.
Afterward, to attach the lens to the wing tip, we decided to go with 2 plate nuts per lens. we match drilled the lens to the wing tip, then we drilled the rest of the holes for the plate nuts and riveted it. Finally we attached the lens to the wing tip. The result looks great.