I primed all the parts of the right elevator. The primer base become way too tick, after mixing, the primmer still had some lamps, which clogged the spay gun. Afterwards I mixed the primmer more and was able to get rid of the lamps. I still need to follow up with Steward System to see if the primmer based is no longer good.
I disassembled the right elevator assembly. Then, I finished dimpling and counter sinking all skeleton attachments to the skin. Afterwards, I deburred and smoothed all the edges. Then I cleaned all the parts with acetone, so they are ready for priming.
Riveting the left elevator skin and riveted the trim plate to the skin.
Bent both left and right elevators
Prepared the skeleton for the right elevator:
- matching drilling the reinforcement plates
- match drilling spars and ribs
- match drilling counter balance skin
- installing the counterbalance weight
- match drilling the skeleton to the skin
- match drilling the horn
Prepared the stiffeners for both right and left elevators:
- We cut the stiffeners.
- We smoothed all the edges.
Prepared the skin and stiffeners for both right and left elevators:
- Removed the venyl protection.
- matched drilled the skins to the the stiffeners.
- Deburred both skin and stiffeners.
- Dimpled skin.
- Dimpled stiffeners.
Back riveted the the right elevator