February 9th and 16th, 16h
Next we started working on the bulkhead. First drilling holes for the bushings. Then drilling the center sections to the sides. Afterwards, fabricating the control brackets and drilling them.
Next weekend, we promid the control brackets and fitted the control sticks. Then we attached the platenuts. Afterwards we worked on the cover ribs. The center bushing holes ended up a bit larger, 9/16 instead of 7/16, so I am most likely redoing those ribs after checking with Vans.
January 26th, Feb 2nd 15h
We started working on the fuselage. The first part is the firewall. Which is made from stainless steel. It had very sharp edges, so we needed to be very careful in smoothing the edges. Then we prepped the firewall and all the stiffeners that attaches to it, matched drilled, deburred, dimpled and counter sink as needed.
The next weekend, we primed and riveted all the parts, except for the aux fuel pump doubler. We don’t need this part for fuel injected engines. Also, the firewall recess was not riveted for the time being, so that we have access.